RADACT is dedicated to providing training opportunities for chemical dependency certification & behavior health counselor certification, clinical supervision and administration.
RADACT Goals: The Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Training Program (RADACT) strives to increase the educational level of individuals entering, or working in, the substance abuse counseling field by providing courses to meet the various degrees of experience and expertise found within our target populations.
RADACT holds classes throughout Alaska and also offers correspondence courses.
New correspondence courses have been added for 2019.
September 2019 Academy
Chemical Dependency and Behavioral Health Counselor Training Academy
September 16 – October 3
The Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Training (RADACT) Program is sponsoring a three-week training academy from Monday, September 16, 2019, through graduation Thursday evening October 3, 2019, at the Crowne Plaza Midtown, Anchorage.
Completion of the academy will provide 112 training hours toward Counselor Technician or 112 hours toward upgrading from Counselor Technician to Level One for either Behavioral Health or Chemical Dependency certification through the Alaska Commission for (ACBHC).
Download Registration Form Here.
Our regular hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 4pm.
We are closed on all holidays and in cases of employee emergencies.
About RADACT The Regional Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor Training (RADACT) Program strives to increase the educational level of individuals entering or working in the behavioral health counseling field by providing courses to meet various degrees of experience and expertise. RADACT, founded in 1992, is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing training opportunities to individuals beginning their journey towards chemical dependency/behavioral health counselor certification, clinical supervision and administration. RADACT provides, coordinates and delivers on-site training. RADACT also provides correspondence classes and offers a three-week intense training academy. RADACT’s offices are located in Anchorage, Alaska in the University Mall. Click the Location/Contact tab above for contact information.
RADACT Staff Janet Carter – Executive Director and Founder
In 1992, Janet relocated to Anchorage from Kodiak, where she lived for eleven years. In Kodiak, she served as both trainer and director of the South Central Area Alcohol Training (SCAAT) Program. She started RADACT in her living room and held, once again, the positions of both trainer and director. Janet earned a Masters Degree in Educational Psychology/Counseling from the University of Washington. As RADACT’s Executive Director, she seeks out financial resources, writes all applicable grants, and oversees the general workings of the program.
Links to ATTC Network sites
Links to miscellaneous distance learning resources
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors
- Hazeldon Distance Learning Center for Addiction Studie
- Laban’s Homestudy Trainings
- CEU University
- Professional Development Resources Inc.
- Women and Addiction Home Study Program
- SALIS (Substance Abuse Librarians and Information Specialists
- Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center Distance Education
- Distance Learning Center for Addiction Studies
- Quantum Units
- AddictionCenter.com, Recovery Worldwide LLC (Comprehensive addiction information hub)
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (Information on drugs of abuse)
- Recovery Month
- Virtual Clearinghouse on Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drugs
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (Center for Substance Abuse Treatment)
- Disclosing a Mental Health Condition to Others
- Disability, Substance Abuse & Addiction
- The Comprehensive Guide to Home Accessibility for People with Disabilities in Recovery
- Financial Burdens of Mental Health and Addiction Treatment
- The Guide To Keeping Your Home Through Debilitating Disease
- 8 Ways to Prevent Relapse
- Healing After the Passing of Your Parent: How to Nurture Your Grief Without Drugs or Alcohol
How to Find RADACT
RADACT Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm. Closed holidays and staff emergencies.
RADACT – The Regional Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselor Training Program
3901 Old Seward Hwy, Suite 8, In the University Center Mall
Anchorage, AK 99503
Executive Director: Janet Carter
To register for Older Adults Class, to order correspondence courses, register for an Anchorage training or to obtain a Transcript: Please contact Virginia.